We are pleased to announce that we have successfully completed the Cyber Essentials Assessment. We take our commitment to the security of our systems seriously and those of our customers.
Cyber crime is an on-going issue and concern for all businesses, regardless of size. To help any type of organisation attain a baseline level of cyber security and help them to reduce the risk of becoming a victim of the most common cyber-attacks, in June 2014, the UK Government launched the Cyber Essentials Scheme.
What is Cyber Essentials?
Achieving the Cyber Essentials certification means that our IT systems meet a certain level in the following controls:
- Boundary Firewalls and Internet Gateways – these are devices designed to prevent unauthorised access to or from our private networks. Good setup of these devices is important for them to be fully effective.
- Secure Configuration – ensuring that systems are configured in the most secure way for the needs of our business.
- Access Control – ensuring only those who should have access to our systems have access and at the appropriate level.
- Malware Protection – ensuring that virus and malware protection is installed and is up to date.
- Patch Management – ensuring that the latest supported version of applications are used and all the necessary patches supplied by the vendor have been applied.
In our day to day practice of providing IT Support services to our customers we always apply the principles of Cyber Essentials to the networks we manage and support. Guidance and advice is in keeping with the controls above and the principles of Cyber Essentials.
If you would like to find out how your business can complete the Cyber Essentials assessment and the benefits for your business please get in touch with us.